Eyesite Eyecare Centres only offer high quality lenses. Following a professional eye examination by our qualified optometrists we and you should settle for nothing less. We supply mainly Zeiss, Essilor and Hoya Lenses. We are also happy to supply other brands such as Rodenstock, Nikon and Seiko.
Varifocal lenses offer clear and comfortable vision for distance, intermediate and near for those over 40s of us who need them. It is well know that a small percentage of wearers are not satisfied with them. This is due to the over sale of poorer quality lenses, inappropriate lens types, inaccurate measurements or inability to adapt due to other reasons. However, successful wearers are very happy with them.
As a result Eyesite Eyecare Centres offer the Varifocal Trial Offer! We will dispense you the most appropriate varifocal lenses for a warrantied adaption trial of up to 2 months. If at the end of 2 months you are not satisfied you will have the choice to get different types of lenses or get a full refund! The offer is one of our current Special Offers, and is a testament to how confident we are that we can offer you great quality varifocal lenses.
Bifocal spectacle lenses are used to correct the vision at two different distances e.g. TV and reading. Different types of bifocal are available, some have a line all the way across the lens, others just have a small semi-circle at the bottom of the lens for reading. All bifocals have a line on the lens. Eyesite Eyecare Centres offer a full range of Bifocal lenses for the traditional or specialist wearer.
Single vision spectacle lenses can be used to correct distance, near or computer vision instead of varifocals or bifocals when people prefer to have different glasses for different purposes. Up to age 40, single vision lenses are usually all that is required to correct your vision at all distances. if you have a high prescription we may recommend a thinner, lighter (high index) lens.
Aspheric spectacle lenses have a more advanced surface design which makes them more comfortable and attractive to wear. The lens is thinner, lighter, and shows less distortion.
Double Aspheric spectacle lenses have both lens surfaces made using advanced technology and are an excellent choice for high prescriptions.
Extras to help you enjoy your spectacles are also available:
- No-glare lenses offer clearer, sharper vision as more light reaches the eye. Our premium no-glare lenses have the added benefit of a dirt repellent and tough, scratch resistant layer.
- Transitions lenses are clear indoors and at night. They conveniently darken outdoors reducing glare for more comfortable vision and protect your eyes by blocking 100% of harmful UVA and UVB rays. Transitions lenses are beneficial for anyone who wears their glasses outdoors and should also be considered for children whose eyes are more susceptible to UV damage.
- Most lenses can be tinted to a range of colours and shades. We can provide pale tints, which some migraine sufferers find helpful to reduce their symptoms or darker colours for sunglasses. We can also supply you with specialist tinted lenses which have been developed with certain sports in mind. Polarising filters are often used in combination with dark tints to virtually eliminate reflected glare.
Careful and Accurate measurements are essential to ensure maximum comfort. At Eyesite Eyecare Centres we use up to date devices to ensure accurate measurements:
- Visioffice: the Visioffice System is Essilor’s all-encompassing measuring system that allows the optician to obtain ever possible parameter required for modern lenses with extreme accuracy. Visioffice also encompasses a unique measurement called eyecode which allows measurement of Eye Rotation Centre. An extra benefit of the system is that it takes photographs and video footage so you can confirm your purchase. This new system is currently only available at our Jubilee Crescent Branch.
- Pupillometer: the Essilor Corneal Reflection Pupillometer is for precise movement and recording accurate inter-pupillary distances as well as back vertex distances.